Thursday, August 31, 2006

Scaredy Pants...

I have always been a little on the sketchy side... easily scared and really, quite a baby. In fact, when I was little, shows like Unsolved Mysteries scared the hell out of me! Who watches a show based on crazy killers who have yet to be caught?? Still to this day, America's Most Wanted, and just plain staying at home by myself scares me. How old am I again? Oh yes, 25.

Anyways... About 15 minutes ago, I was out on the deck, and the dogs were barking at the camper in the backyard. I look over and the door is a bit ajar!! I didn't know what to do. We have a nearby crackhouse that we think is finally moving out, and my sissy mental conclusion was that they could have just moved into the camper and operate their business secretly in my backyard. Actually my thoughts didn't get that far- but they could have real fast. I called Freya- she said not to worry..but I couldn't help it. So I called Cluny..

Drastic times call for drastic measures... Cluny decided that it would be okay if I just stayed on the phone with her and went and pushed open the door. So, I worked up some nerve, got about half way there and then paranoia set in. So I decided to go grab a shovel (defense mechanism as well-I'm a thinker) and push it open with that. So there I went, cordless in one hand, shovel in the other, tramping across my backyard. I think at this point my neighbours that that we are the crackhouse!!

I pushed it ajar- and nothing there! PHWEF!... But as I walk away, it swings back open a bit...and as I write the dogs are barking still. EEEEEEEEEEE!

2 minute update..now its closed again...soooo.... my doors are now locked and I am venting/sweating/displaying typical avoidant behaviour.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Yipes! I, too, get scared very easily. I left our shed door open for a couple days, by accident. You can imagine (and relate to) my fear as I was trotting out to shut it the other night.

Anonymous said...

Can you repeat that? Pardon? Yup I thought I heard some where in there that Freya was right!!!!!