Wednesday, July 05, 2006

ENGAGED!
I am officially a fiance to someone. I am going to be a wife!? CRAZY!

Yes, as most of you know, on Canada Day, Dale proposed to me! It was a definite surprise as far as how, when and where; but I knew that it was cmoing soon because we talk about it all the time. In fact, my Nana (bless her generous soul) is giving all her grand-daughters diamonds from rings of her. So Dale and I have been in the process of designing my ring lately, so I figured I wouldn't get 'asked' until that was done. But never under-estimate the Dale Man.
We went to Keefer Lake with my sister Jenn, Parker and Kurt, well as our good friends Corey and Katie. It is our favourite spot to camp, as well as it was our 3 year anniversary from when we met.
On Saturday morning, I guess Dale was trying to get me out of bed to propose then. It was early in the morning, the sun was shining, the lake was calm, and the fish were jumping. But stubborn Patootie wouldn't get out of bed. So the day moved on, and we all played cards, had a few drinks and basked in the sun. The evening finally came and Dale convinced me (actually there wasn't much convincing) to go fishing in the canoe. So we packed a bag with a bottle of wine and some glasses and headed out onto the beautiful lake. I have to admit the scenery coudn't have been anymore perfect (as you will see in the many pictures I will post). As we are floating around the lake, Dale keeps telling me that I should learn how to 'tie the knot' on the fly onto the fishing rod. Of course, blonde ol' me, didn't clue in AT all!
He said to open the tackle box and pick out the fly I wanted to use (on a previous birthday, llae got me my own flies! I always use my favourite ones :)
When I opened the box, I saw a small present with a bow on it. I hav to admit, for a moment I thought it was 'the moment' but I convinced myself very quickly tht it couldn't be because we didn't have the ring yet. So I apologized for not getting him a goft for our anniversary and continued ot open it. I opened the jewellery box and saw this beautiful diamond band. I looked up and Dale was balling, tears streaming down his face. He then said to me... "Honey, will you tie the knot with me?" I immediately said "Of course" and we hugged and cryed for what felt like eternity.
We then sat in the canoe and drank wine and discussed our future, under a setting sun and smooth lake. It was so romantic (minus spilling of wine due to too many glasses of it?). We then went back and informed the rest of the clan. Everyone was so happy and we celebrtated wiht a few, okay alot, more glasses of wine!
We are both so happy and can't wait to get married and spend the rest of our loved together. We can't wait to start a family!
So stay tuned as I inform you all of our wedding plans! Also stay tuned for many photos!

A post-engagement photo op! Notice the shirt- "I luv Honky Tonkin'!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful proposal, Dale! So pleased that you accepted Heather. The story made my eyes very watery - so sweet.
Happy for you two. Best wishes and happy planning.
Love you both!!

frank said...

Congratulations you two...sounds like a very nice proposal. Good luck with all the wedding plans.

ali said...

YAY! One of us is gonna get married! So excited to have Dale in the family, the 6 of us are gonna have some great times together ( 6 being jenn kurt heather dale brody and i). CONGRATS!

Anonymous said...

Umm.......do you and Dale think Corey and I are ugly because there are no pictures of us from Keefer........................

Anonymous said...

Congrats you 2!! That is great. I can't wait to hear all about the wedding details!!!
Jessica