Fairmont Vacation
Well, well, well. Where to even start. Dale and I, as well as our good friends, Katie (J-Naz) and Corey went away to Fairmont Hot Springs this past weekend. I was able to take two days off work -using my two discretionary days-no pay :(
We left Friday and had a nice long, eventful drive to Fairmont. It took us about 7 hours with all the stopping and such. When we arrived we were amazed with the beautiful condo we got to stay in. Dale and I even got to sleep in a King Size Bed- I couldn't even find him during the night all weekend!!
Saturday the guys went sledding (the cool term for snowmobiling) and Katie and I went to a really nice ski hill outside of Invermere called Panorama. It was absolutely gorgeous (will include some pics) and we had clear blue skies all day. I had a few good wipe outs- stupid black diamonds- but all in all I couldn't move the next couple of days. Because we all went in one vehicle, we were dropped off by 8am and picked up by the boys at 6:30. Basically we had no choice but to ski a full day. The runs were amazing -a full run down the mountain was about three times as long as Big White. It actually took you three chairs to get to the very top of the mountain!
It was spectacular and the next day we lounged, and went to the hotsprings! Its so cool! We ate lots of good meals, drank and played lots of cards!
We drove back Monday- we decided to go the 'long way' for the scenery!!!!!!! 10 hours later...grrrrr...
But we are back now, safe and sound. It will be a short week too because this Friday is the last day before spring break. Yay! I'll keep you posted with my endeavours!
1 comment:
I know how you feel about those "scenic roots". Brody has those back road maps too and EVERY trip is on a bumpy dirt road instead of the highway.
Post a Comment