Annie is 6 weeks old. Again , like any parent, and probably like I have stated before... where the heck does time go? Part of me wants to make it stand still, the cute little bean is growing way too fast! I love to snuggle her, fall asleep on the couch nestled together, smell her sweet new baby smell. But the middle of the night feeds, colic and newly introduced baby acne make me wish we could fast forward a smidge in certain departments!
I must get stopped at least 3 times everytime we go somewhere. People always oogle over babies eh? "She's so little" is the most common comment. My response often starts like this... " Yes, but compared to other new babies..." She is small, of course, shes so young, but she is 90th percentile for weight and height. This means that on average, 50 being average, she is 90 in comparison! My chubby munchkin!
Annie has already changed so much. Her eyelashes have come in just recently, nice and dark and long. She does cute things like wail away that shes hungry but then when I lay her down to feed by my chest while I 'get ready', she smiles at me. She has started to make a fist and put it up to her mouth to keep her soother in, and put her hand kind of in her mouth to get spit ups out!
She loves her vibrating chair, falls asleep almost instantly in her car seat when we go for a walk or car drive. And yes, she has developed baby acne. Ugh. I took her to the doctor just to be sure it wasn't a rash from something, because now I'm paranoid because of all her issues at birth.
Thats it for now- sun is shining, calling us for a walk and the banana bread in the oven is almost ready!
5 comments:
Glad to hear each day is getting better. She sure is a little cutie! Love her leggings in that pic, I'll have to find some boy patterns for Ryder. Love reading your blog, makes me breathe a sigh of relief, thanks for giving me something to read and to relate too. :)
OH MY GOD she is so freaking adorable. I CAN'T wait till next weekend when I'm gonna hog her and hold her for as many hours as humanly possible.
What a little snuggle-bum. Keep enjoying those moments, Heather, I know you do!
Love her outfit!
Jess
Super cute pic! However you being the queen of correctios I feel I need to bring something to your attention... look up what percentiles are. Sorry couldn't help myself!
Post a Comment