Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Food Journalling

So... Annie has continued to show great strides in her eating habits and thus weight gain. We are pretty much exclusively breastfeeding now (YAY!) and pumping here and there. I still have formula left over, which will always be good for a 'just in case' situation.
I have always kept a journal of what time she ate, how much, which side, did she get a 'top up' with expressed milk or formula, poop, pee, etc. Now, she has graduated. I feel confident that we have everything under control, and I will forgo her journal! What a big step for us!

But now, I am going to journal what I eat. Not for myself but for her. As far as my weight, I am feeling pretty good, as it slowly but surely is shedding off. Lots of walks, getting out and about, and hopefully soon yoga again. The reason I am going to journal is to see what i eat. Annie has had some pretty bad gas and runny stools, and upset tummy/spit ups. I would like to see if it is something I am eating.
  • I don't think its dairy ( the formula had dairy in it and she seemed to be fine)
  • it could be the chocolate/sugar from Halloween. I am a chocolate feen so I hope its not that
  • I have only been having one cup of coffee in the morning. I didn't drink coffee during pregnancy so maybe shes not used to it? I don't know if I can give this up?!
  • tuna- I love tuna and didn't eat it during pregnancy either, and have been having tuna sandwiched lately- no more now while I test this stuff out.
  • I have had the odd 'dark beer' (Guiness) to help my milk flow- I think it worked- but not going to continue in case this it as well- same thing- no beer during pregnancy?!
So, hopefully I can get this figured out, and still keep my chocolate and coffee!

No comments: