Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Done Like Dinner *

This is a venting post. Please do not read if you don't want to hear about my no good terrible very bad day(s).

I hear many pregnant women say that towards the end, you are done. Well I'm done. Finito. I tried not to be like that, but it is clearly, undeniably here. Everything starts to add up, and I have reached my boiling point.

I now have a cold. I can't seem to breathe through my nose or my scratchy, sore throat, and of course, can't take anything for it.

I have the largest belly known to man. In fact, I couldn't seem to squeeze into a bathroom stall at a restaurant last night without some serious manuerving. I have also outgrown many maternity shirts. What the...

I also caught a glimpse of the bikinis lining the back of my drawer. Never again to be worn, thanks to the beautiful stretchmark memorablia my baby has left me. Sigh. The sacrifices a mother makes. Had I known, I would have pranced around in them prior to this whole 500 pound marked up belly nightmare.

I went to do laundry this morning, and in the middle of the cycle, my kitchen sink started to regurgitate sinky smelly water. Pipes starting squirting water underneath. I broke down in tears and phoned Dale. Way past my boiling point now. He tried to direct me as what to do, but the smell caused an immediate return of the oh so familiar vomit dry heave that I have been so sorely missing. Still crying, not able to breath and puking at this point. Glamorous eh? He ended up coming home to help calm me and the water.

So yes, this morning involved lots of crying and done-ness. I tried to mentally convince the baby to come early. I mean, whats 3 more weeks really?

Dale's parents have kindly offered to turn their hottub right down to luke warm so I can soak in there tonight, as I am like a massive beached whale that is 1/8 covered in my own tub. I just need some weight and pressure to be gone. Even if I step out tof the tub and its right back, at least for a short period of time, I was living below my boiling point.

* Pleae don't get me wrong- I love this baby already with all my heart, and want to meet him/her very badly. I am just VERY ready. And, as you can probably tell, my hormones have gotten the best of me. I mean why 9 months? Dogs carry their babies for much shorter and they turn our fine!?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Heathy, I have Arbonne stuff that can help your stretch marks..... I will get you some! Hang in there! ps. sometimes I feel like I am done and I'm only 13weeks!!!!!

Anonymous said...

oh and try a humidifier for your cold!

Anonymous said...

I am sending you good vibes from over here. Thinking of you. Take care!
Jess

Maureen said...

You'll forget about all this when baby get here. Hang in there. Your days will get better.

Jaime said...

your scaring me! I completely understand the weight and pressure, I'm SO done with that as well. Hang in there Heather, I'd trade you your 3 weeks for my 10 weeks ASAP :)

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness, what a day, i hope youre in the tub right now and that it feels amazing, maureen is right, this will be over before you know it and the reward is worth it infinity fold

as for the baby tattoos, believe me when your 'baby' is hugemungous and almost taller than you, you will appreciate having them to remember and prove that yes at one point he/she was tiny and fit in your arms

hang in there!

Bean said...

I totally remember the "done" feeling, as all mothers will and absolutely sympathize with you. Don't worry about having a bad day, we all have them!! You seem to have had a wonderful pregnancy and as your other friends/family have already said, once your beautiful baby is here, you'll forget all about the crappy days. That is one of the true gifts of having the baby at the end...everything else becomes completely insignificant. You are SO very close!! Wishing you lots of lovely sunshine in these next few weeks!

Bloggy Mama said...

Oh girl. I remember and yuck, do I ever remember?!! The reward at the end is well worth the misery and you barely even remember a figment of it.
I hope that the remaining pregnancy is all sunny and roses. Sending you good thoughts and prayers but no labour dust because mine doesn't work ;)

Anonymous said...

Its so true, its worth every moment of discomfort and pain :)
The prize at the end is the greatest thing in the world!