Lub -Dub
Dale and I went into my doctor this morning for our first 'official' prenatal check-up. We are 11 and a half weeks along, and doing well. Everything and everyone appears healthy and happy.
The best part- we heard the little one! What an amazing thing!
Even though when I was weighed, I have already gained weight and was feeling gross, the doctor was saying as she tried to find the heartbeat, that it is much easier with slimmer people so it shouldn't be a problem today! YES! 2 points for the doc!
So we heard the very fast heartbeat very loud and clearly. It was averaged at about 160. Dale and I both got pretty teary. He told me afterwards at our yummy breakfast date that he wanted to kiss me right there on the table, half dressed and all! He had even turned to the doctor and said "I don't know how I am going to handle it when the baby actually comes!"We all rememebr emotional Dale-o from the wedding!
Again, a wonderful experience. It all seems so much more real. A little bieng, with its own heartbeat is growing inside of me! YAY!
Any guesses yet? I have heard that a higher heart beat means girl, but this is a 50/50 chance my doc said.. sooo.. what do you think? Have and stories of your own about heartbeat/sex?
11 comments:
Sigh. I love hearing about those moments of the first encounter. I'm not worried... Dale will cry like a/your baby. That's a good thing. It's pretty much the most amazing flippin' thing you can experience.
Also, for stories... they're bunk. My Doc said "boy" every time but two and he was wrong all those times, but the two.
If you have instinct, I'd trust that... although I was right with Hunter and totally wrong with Susannah...
it's hard. our friends just had a little girl - and EVERYONE thought it was a boy - so you never know. But Jenn was good with the intinct thing.
faye said her hearbeat slash junior's heartbeat has been 160 the whole time, its an urban myth about it being a girl with a high heartbeat!
Wow. Nice doctor. (Heavy on the sarcasm here!) I bet you look beautiful and radiant!
PS. I tagged you on my blog to do an assiggment all about you....check it out!
And yeah, I'm an english teacher that can't spell.
please dont worry about gaining weight, you have to! dont let yourself think its fat cause its not, you will have 40% more blood (thats a lot), growing baby, growing placenta, amniotic fluid, big boobs!! :) etc, you are growing a beautiful little sweetpea and thats all that matters
as far as the sex thing goes, who know and thats the fun part, waiting for the BIG news is soo exciting, i cant wait, i havent seen you lately so i dont really have a guess....just have a couple names for each and you're good to go
I did have good instinct i guess with mine, i totally knew both times what i was having, but im not sure how or why that was...
I'm so happy for you both. Just enjoy the experience and don't worry about the weight gain. You will put on what you need to.
My son had a high heartbeat and my daughter had a low one. They were totally opposite to what the predictions were.
Have fun and it's pretty cool to see the father cry when his child is being born. They appreciate you even more when they see what you have to go through birthing their little ones.
post some pictures of your cute belly....
Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Wireless, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://wireless-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.
hey - you haven't updated in awhile. how are you and baby doing?
How are you and the baby doing???
Post a Comment