Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Observations-Day 1
So, as far as I can tell I have a pretty good class this year. Today was the first day I had the students...hilarious. I must have every race, size, class and normalness there is. All in all though- pretty darn good kids. It simply amazes me each time I teach- I can't get over how much I love my job! They are so cute and each one unique- right down to the foot long rat tail!
I have 29 students- 23 Grade 4's and 6 Grade 5's. Actually a lot of new students to the school as well as some that I recognize from last year. This will be a good year- I can feel it. Trying tog et the kids settled and into the classs routine may take a bit but they know the expectations of ...MS. GETZ! (there was supposed to be like a drum roll sound there!).
It was nice to see my old students from last year. Many of them came knocking on my window and surprising me with hugs around every corner I tuned. So nice to feel wanted...
The only downfalls...
  1. I feel horribly guilty leaving the dogs for such long days since I have been "stay at home mom" all summer
  2. Utterly exhausted after not only a week- I hear your pain Liz...

Anyways, thought i would fill you all in since there has been a kabillion new hits on my blog since the great news...although only 3 comments..weird..

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

okay, I'll comment. Great to hear the day went well. Here's to many more..
P.S. Ms Getz. How many is a kabillion? ;)

Anonymous said...

Hey! Thats awesome your first day went well. If you want to do penpals again this year with my munchkins let me know.
Have a great year!
-Jess

Danni said...

Yay, you got thru week one and survived!! I'm surprised how unevenly your class is split, is that normal? Glad to hear you have a good class, hope the rest of your year goes just as smoothly!!