Last nights, as the big opener to the Dragon Boat Festival, 54-40 was playing. I can sum up the night in 3 F's:
The only picture that somewhat turned out
Fun:
It was outside at the Island Stage in Waterfront Park. Tons of people, and of course, amazing music. It amazed me how many of their songs I knew but didn't realize it was theirs. They put on a really good show, and Dale and I had a nice date. We are tryng to get back to Friday Night Date Night. For those of you going HUH?, Dale and I used to do this each Friday , beacause we are both so busy during the week. It is our one night to do something together, whether with friends or just on our own. To tell you the truth, I was really missing it. And last night was fun..we even had concession food :)
Free:
Well really, it was only $10 a ticket, but Dale bought them for their staff and spouses as a gift/something fun to do. So for us it was free too. A business perk you may say.
Freezing:
It was soooooooo cold. I felt like a moron putting on a long sleeve t-shirt, then a knit sweater, then a down vest because it was nice and sunny out. But by the time about 8:00 rolled around- it was dark and soooooo freezing. I even had brought mitts as a joke- but I ended up wearing them! We had brought a blanket to on and theat ended up being a shawl. Crazy -the band had to even keep tuning because their guitars wern't used to the cold weather. Bye Bye Summer- Hello Fall.
* Dale wanted to call it the four F's and throw in the f-bomb, but I said no this is a family show.
2 comments:
hahah thats funny dale!!! and you could have made fall another f! hope to see you guys next weekend for grandma's bday party!
its freeeeeeezing here too, had to turn on the heater! i also hope to look forward to seeing you this weekend!!!!!
Post a Comment