Saturday, August 21, 2010

Stairway to Heaven

The stairs are in, and are absolutely amazing. I got goosebumps and near tears when I walked in and saw them/walked them for the first time.



The stairs on the left ( looks likea black hole) go into our basement... access we have never had before. We will put our old original front door ( circa. 1940) there and put our washer/dryer, deep freeze, cold storage, etc. downstairs. 
The stairs on the right lead to our oasis upstairs. There is a quaint little landing with a window and ledge beneath ( for books, plants... yay!). I purchased a really cool rod- iron -looking chandelier for this space, but I'm thinking it may be too big and may be suited better for our master bedroom. 
Once upstairs, you will be able to look down to a portion of the new living room space. 
I jsut can't WAIT. 
I am so home-sick, and today is the first ime we went there and it felt like it was all coming together. Starting to feel like a home again. 


OH YAH.... forgot.... the majority of the roof is now on.... so,

RAIN AWAY Rain Gods. Put out those fires!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

looking good heather!

Jess