Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Tuesday Tidbits

Remember way back when... I used ot update you on all the little things happening in our busy little life!? I'll do it again okay!?

  • Theres a hole in my yard, dear liza dear liza......Yes, the renovation has started! A major renovation that will take about 3 months -adding on 7 feet to our living room and a whole upstairs- yes, a whole second floor to our house! The upsatirs will have a master bedroom, en suite with walk in closet,spare room ( for company) and loft area ( office and craft room!). Then.... a basement- with laundry and storage!  SOOOO excited! Costing us a lot, but less than moving in this crazy expensive housing market! Plus... we love our house and our location. We are more than doubling our living space ( right now our house is 972 square feet!)Will definitely be keeping you posted with pics and  progress reports. We will be living with friends and family this summer- thanks to everyone for accommodating us transients!
  • When cleaning out the attic, the workers found a piece of a newspaper article from the Windsor Daily Star in 1947! Too cool! I am going to try to flatten it and frame it... a man wrote a letter to the editor complaining abut his taxes... and his income was $2601.25! And he gave the king a gift of $1.25. Crazy.
  • Last day of work today. I had an 'eclectic' class, growing to love them and I will miss them all next year! Looks like I may have a 4/5 next year, so I may be able to keep a few favs!
  • Annie is talking like crazy! Even stringing several words together . She is like a parrot, copying everything you say or explain. To cool.
  • Signed up for swim lessons, gymnastics, and the summer program through the library. 
  • Bought a new lens for my camera! An 18-200 Lens, my dream lens... had to argue that one into the renovation budget....

Busy, busy summer. Even our contractor said today, "You guys seem like really busy people." I said, "YUP!"
Hopefully Dale will get some time off this summer, and Annie and I can try to stay sane while Daddy works and then works on our "new house!"
What an adventure!

2 comments:

Bloggy Mama said...

Yes, yes it is. Love you and sending HUUUUUGE hugs!

Anonymous said...

Good luck!

Jess