Sunday, October 14, 2007

Thanksgiving


Took a trip out to Sooke for my dear cousin's celebration of life. Bridget left us way to early after battling cancer. It was one of those bitter sweet weekends. We managed to get nearly all the family out to Nana's in Saanichton (minus a few, including poor prego Jenn). It was nice to see everyone, especially after such a busy summer! We had a wonderful Thanksgiving diner, and plenty of time to visit. Thats the sweet part.
The bitter end was having to say a final "goodbye", or "see you later" to Bridge. Such ahard thig to do. I was so 'thankful' to have my family, and my amazingly supportive new husband by my side. All of us cousins , as she called us "the Motley Crew" we left some of her jewelery and other bits & pieces. I was able to wear some of her earrings that day. I found I had comfort rubbing them as I listend to the speakers and watched her life video.
It makes me think of how and when I will leave this place. A celebration is definately a great idea. Food (probably chips) and lots of laughter to chase away the tears.
So that was our weeknd. WELL worth the drive and crazy expensive ferry.

We miss you cous!
Such a fanstastic artist, a loving soul, and funny lady!

The Motley Crew- minus Jenn- imagine her in the space we left for her!


All the ladies- even Ginger
Me and my man- with puffy eyes!





Girl interupted- SARA!

1 comment:

Bloggy Mama said...

I'm so sorry, Heather. My thoughts are with you and your family.