Sunday, October 21, 2007

Board Games Cont...

Now that I'm getting obsessed with Board Games, I have decied to take it a few steps further. I'm a crazy, geeky gal!

Step 1 - Incorporate into Romance

My friend Elizabeth mentioned a great couples game/ activity that she has used and loved. I figured it would be perfect for Dale and I's Friday Night Date Nights. For those of you who weren't aware- every weekend, usually Fridays, Dale and I make an effort to do something together- some may call this a 'date.'

So this new activity is really cool- Its a book filled with 101 closed invitations- 50 for "her eyes only", and 50 for 'his eyes only." The point is for you to take turns secretly planning what the envelope talks about. There is both a date to plan, as well as little things to do throughout the week- from as simple as conversation starters, to Passion Coupons. FUN!!
There are codes and titles on the front of the envelope, to make it easily suitable to what you feel like planning. For instance, we are planning on going to the cabin Friday night, so I am in charge of this week. I will pick one that is not a specific location, doesn't cost a lot of money, can be done in the Fall, etc.
I'll let you know how it goes!

Step 2- Friends/Weekends

I have decided to organize a murder mystery dinner party. I have put the bug out there, will start researching/ buying or borrowing the game, and I'll let you know. Can't wait- I have ALWAYS wanted to do one of these. Dressing up, hangin with friends, and playing a game. Doesn't get better than this.

Life in game land is Awesome!

2 comments:

Bloggy Mama said...

Those are fun. I've been to one before. I was the French maid... hehe, fun to dress up for a bit!

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather,
I highly recommend a murder mystery dinner party- they are a blast! Actually I am planning one right now for Ty's 30th. I bought it in Van and brought it back to China with me. It an 80's office retirement party...hehehe. I even got a disco ball...I'll let you know how it goes!
Jess