Tuesday, May 30, 2006

My Week
Well, today I am home sick from school. Ugh. I had a sore throat all weekend, and tried to shake it off. Yesterday it was so sore and swollen I could hardly swallow. I decided to go to the walk-in clinic in Glenmore by the school. An hour and 45 minute wait later ( !!!) ... I was diagnosed with strep/tonsilitis. The doctor didn't even do a swab, he looked in my mouth at the white bumps at the back of my throat, asked me a few questions and sent me on my way with some high dose antibiotics. Ugh. So I am taking a sick day today to avoid straining my throat by talking/yelling/instructing 33 ten year olds. Good call on my behalf.
So today I am pit pattering around the house, rearranging, tidying, doing some long overdue things like ironing. Yet all day I seem to worry about school and how the kids ar ebehaving for the substitute. Tyler Freisen is in for me today, for those of you that know him. I went to high school with him and he is a few years older than me. He is friends with Cluny's brother Miceail, and is married to Lindsay Gaspari, a friend/teammate from highschool. My students love him so that is a good thing. I do have to go back to school this afternoon for an important student placement meeting for next year. That kinda sucks.
I'll write some more later. Ciao for now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»

Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»