Wednesday, May 10, 2006

The garden is complete...

Well, we have finally finished creating the garden. Dale made two 5x9 wooden troughs and we got two yards of soil on Sunday. As I have been planting, he has been making the cutest little fence around it to keep the dogs out! Nooker thought it was fun play box and Ginger thought it was a bathroom! I am even going to paint the pickets white! Pictures to soon follow...

Here is what I planted:

  • white onion
  • red onion
  • chives
  • potatoes
  • zucchini
  • cucumber
  • basil
  • cilantro
  • lettuce
  • spinach
  • brussell sprouts
  • broccoflower
  • radishes
  • carrots
  • beets
  • parsley
  • dill
  • tomatoes and hot chilis on the way!

I am being very optomistic so we will see how it all grows! I am so excited though... such a green thumb!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

that is so very very exciting. It'll be incredible when the little bitty plants start to poke their way out of the soil...

Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»