Saturday, October 25, 2008

Motherhood

I never understood how people didn't have time to do anything. It baffled me that mothers would 'let themselves go."
I am now fully aware.
I am sneaking in a quick blog right now while the little pumpkin is sleeping. I probably should be getting myself ready, doing dishes, laundry, eating or something of the sort. But I don't want to.
I feel like all I do right now is feed and tidy. Feed and tidy. And i wonder where the days go?!

My milk still hasn't totally come in. I am pumping, breastfeeding, and supplementing (as per doctors orders). Sometimes it feels like as soon as I am done all that, its time to feed again.
It feels good to know that she is getting all the breastmilk I can supply, but I wish it would come easier. I continue to convince myself that it will. I have been attending the breastfeeding clinic here in town, they are amazingly supportive and helpful.

Annie is fully jaundice free. She is no longer orange and her billirubin is down below 100 ( upon re-entry to the hospital it was over 400!!). She is still taking antibiotics, and we are just waiting to hear back about some tests results re: her kidneys.
She is the cutest thing ever, and I could stare at her all day.I love her to death.
I love being a mom.... most days.... sometimes not at 3 in the morning... until I get to chill just me and her on the couch in the dark and gaze into each others eyes.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

too cute!
love ya,

jess

Maureen said...

You grow with the job and then there will be time for all those other wonderful things too. Good luck with everything and enjoy those 3am times. Really . . . they are precious.

Cory said...

ENJOY this time...it goes way way way too fast....sleep when the baby sleeps is all I have to say.

Your daughter is gorgeous!

Cory