Ice Fishing
Doing what I have always wanted to do - ice fishing! A weird obsession I guess, but have really always thoguht it looked fun. I mean, regular fishing is fun, but throw in some cold weather, a bonfire and hot cocoa to counteract it, and some good company- you have a nice relaxing afternoon!
And it was.
Dale's Dad and I managed to catch about 4 fish, they would nip at my hole/yucky mealworm or maggot that I wouldn't put on (there are limits to my ice fishing experience) and then Dale's dad would snag them! Gr... so I can claim half the fish! Nice 'organic" rainbow trout ! Next time... perhaps one of those cool huts? I tried to suggest it, but it didn't fly. Even reading a book was little on the 'no-no' list apparently. Who knew your eye had to be on the bobber the whole time!? Being the smart pants that I am, I made a little pile of snow right beside the hole (I oggered myself!) and gently placed the bobber on it. That way, any bite would send the bobber flying in to the hole, very easy to see out of my periphereial vision as I am engrossed in my book! Done deal!
Doing what I have always wanted to do - ice fishing! A weird obsession I guess, but have really always thoguht it looked fun. I mean, regular fishing is fun, but throw in some cold weather, a bonfire and hot cocoa to counteract it, and some good company- you have a nice relaxing afternoon!
And it was.
Dale's Dad and I managed to catch about 4 fish, they would nip at my hole/yucky mealworm or maggot that I wouldn't put on (there are limits to my ice fishing experience) and then Dale's dad would snag them! Gr... so I can claim half the fish! Nice 'organic" rainbow trout ! Next time... perhaps one of those cool huts? I tried to suggest it, but it didn't fly. Even reading a book was little on the 'no-no' list apparently. Who knew your eye had to be on the bobber the whole time!? Being the smart pants that I am, I made a little pile of snow right beside the hole (I oggered myself!) and gently placed the bobber on it. That way, any bite would send the bobber flying in to the hole, very easy to see out of my periphereial vision as I am engrossed in my book! Done deal!

2 comments:
That's funny we might go ice fishing this weekend too!
I've always wanted to go ice fishing in one of those huts!!! No ice around here though!
Post a Comment