Its embarassing to say, but yes I am one of those lucky moms. Annie has always been a good sleeper, and has slept through the night for a long time time. I thank my stars all the time. However, there is sometimes no point if you dont sleep anyways!!??
I have always been a sleeper. From since I can remember, I have craved sleep. As a low-iron gal, I have always been tired and could fall asleep at the drop of a hat. Until baby. As soon as I was preggers it all changed. Yes, still exhausted, but could never sleep. I thought it was a pregnancy thing. Until it didn't go away.
I can't remember the last time I hit the pillow and didnt wake up until the morning. Oh I crave that day ( night).
Its a vicious cycle, constantly tired from not sleeping, and yet not able to catch up on sleep at night. Little energy in the day leaves me tired, irritable, grouchy and not-productive as the perfectionist in me would like to be.
I have tried it all. Eating, not eating. Drinking, not drinking. Both alcoholic and not, 'sleepytime tea, what have you. Going to bed early, going to bed late. Waiting till I'm really tired " fall alseep on the couch tired". Reading in bed, watching movies in bed. Exercising, not exercising.Baths, sleeping on the couch, the list goes on and on.....
You name it, I'm sure I've been there done that. I think its now a pharmecutical issue. Can I get something doc!??
Anyone, ANYONE, have any tips?
.
P.S. If I sound like I'm rambling or incoherent, its because I've been up since 3
3 comments:
Hi Heather
I'd contact your doctor - it could be an imbalance of hormones or something.
I hope you get a good sleep soon.
Angela
Sounds like Murphy is up to no good!
Got an idea! Massage! Even if it doesn't put you right to sleep, you'll still get a massage! I always fall asleep to foot massages.
Post a Comment